How to zip files?
- Under "Select files to archive", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select all the files you wish to archive.
- (Optional) Set the desired compression level by clicking the down arrow next to "Zip Files".
- Click "Zip Files". It will start compressing the files.
- Once all the files are compressed, the "Save Zip File" button will appear.
- Click "Save Zip File" to save the archive to your local drive.
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
Ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
If you are having issues, you can try the previous version built for older browsers.
What is ezyZip?
ezyZip is a free zip and unzip online file compression tool that lets you zip files into an archive. It also supports unzip, allowing you to uncompress archived zip, zipx, rar, tar, tar.gz, 7z, and various other archive formats.
Unlike other zip and unzip online utilities, ezyZip does not require you to upload or download files to a server. There are no file size limits, allowing you to create large compressed files. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other similar zip and unzip online tools. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.
What is a zip file?
Just think of it as a directory that may contain files and more sub-directories once it’s opened by a zip utility program. It compresses the data using a lossless algorithm meaning there is no file quality degradation like in some compression formats (e.g. mp3, jpeg). The compression algorithm can vary however the most common is DEFLATE. The standard is constantly evolving with new algorithm and encryption options are added at regular intervals.
ezyZip offers various options to manipulate zip files including zipping individual files, create a zipped folder, extracting zip files or converting zip files.