Conversion instructions below
How to convert 7z to tar.bz2 file?
- To select the 7z file, you have two options:
- Click "Select 7z file to convert" to open the file chooser
- Drag and drop the 7z file directly onto ezyZip
- (Optional) Set the desired compression level by clicking the down arrow next to "Convert to TAR.BZ2".
- Click "Convert to TAR.BZ2". It will start the conversion process which will take some time to complete.
- Click on "Save TAR.BZ2 File" to save the converted TAR.BZ2 file to your selected destination folder.
How do I convert 7z to tar.bz2 in Dropbox?
- Click on the Dropbox logo () in the 7z file selector button.
- The Dropbox file chooser will appear. You will need to authorise access to ezyZip the first time.
- Once you have selected the 7z file, it will download it to your browser and initiate the conversion.
- To save the converted TAR.BZ2 file to Dropbox, click on "Dropbox" dropdown under the "Save TAR.BZ2 File" button. This will require authorisation the first time you run it.
The file will be stored in /Apps/ezyZip folder.
What OS and browser can convert 7z to tar.bz2?
We are continuously updating the system, so ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
Is it safe to convert 7z to tar.bz2 using ezyZip?
What is ezyZip?
Unlike other online archive conversion utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT enforce file size restrictions or require uploading files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other online conversion tools. This means you'll be able to convert large compressed files! This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.
What is a 7z file?
It utilises the open sourced LZMA compression method to pack data without quality degradation (i.e. lossless compression) The compression ratio of 7z is higher than a lot of the other commonly used archiving file formats.
Need device specific help in opening 7z files? Check out guides for Windows, Linux, iPhone and iPad.