Extraction instructions below
How to open and extract cab file?
- To select the cab file, you have two options:
- Click "Select cab file to open" to open the file chooser
- Drag and drop the cab file directly onto ezyZip
It will start the file extraction and list the contents of the cab file once complete.
- Click the green "Save" button on the individual files to save to your selected destination folder.
- OPTIONAL: Click blue "Preview" button to open directly in the browser. This option only available for some file types.
How do I save all files into a folder?
- Follow the above instructions to open CAB file
- Click on "Save All". If the button is disabled, it means your browser does not support this feature or it is not enabled.
In Chrome, you can enable it by toggling following setting:chrome://flags/#native-file-system-api
(copy/paste it into your browser address bar)
- Select an empty folder where you wish to extract the files. Please note: If you already have files with the same name, ezyZip WILL OVERWRITE THEM.
- After you have selected the folder, the browser will ask for permission to access it. Click on "View files" followed by "Save changes".
- It will then commence saving files and subfolders into the target you specified
How do I list all files in CAB file?
- Click on "List all files" to see the entire list of files inside the CAB archive.
- Click on "List by folder" to go back to folder view.
How do I extract cab files in Dropbox?
- Click on the Dropbox logo () in the cab file selector button.
- The Dropbox file chooser will appear. You will need to authorise access to ezyZip the first time.
- Once you have selected the cab file, it will download it to your browser and show the contents.
- To save files to Dropbox, click on "Dropbox" dropdown under the "Save" or "Save All" buttons. You will need to authorise Dropbox for ezyZip the first time you do it.
Files will be saved in /Apps/ezyZip folder.
What OS and browser can extract cab files?
We are continuously updating the system, so ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
Is it safe to extract cab files using ezyZip?
What is ezyZip?
Unlike other online archive extraction utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other online file extractors. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.