How to open and extract kmz file?
- Under "Select kmz file to open", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select the file you wish to extract.
- Click "Extract". It will list the content of the kmz archive.
- Click the green "Save" button on the individual files to save to your local drive.
- OPTIONAL: Click blue "Preview" button to open directly in the browser. This option only available for some file types.
How do I save all files into a folder?
- Follow the instructions above to open KMZ file
- Scroll to the bottom of the file listing and click "Save All". If the button is disabled, it means your browser does not support this feature or it is not enabled.
In Chrome, you can enable it by toggling chrome://flags/#native-file-system-api flag (copy/paste it into your browser address bar)
- Select an empty folder where you wish to extract the files. Please note: If you already have files with the same name, ezyZip WILL OVERWRITE THEM.
- After you have selected the folder, the browser will ask for permission to access it. Click on "View files" followed by "Save changes".
- It will then commence saving files and subfolders into the target you specified
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
Ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
What is ezyZip?
Unlike other online archive extraction utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other online file extractors. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.