How do I extract password protected rar files?
- To select the rar file, you have two options:
- Click "Select zip file to extract" to open the file chooser
- Drag and drop the rar file directly onto the unzip files panel
- It will give you a password prompt. Enter the correct password and click "Set Password".
- It will start the file extraction and list the contents of the rar file once complete.
- Click "Save" on the individual files to save file to your local drive.
How do I save all files into a folder?
- Follow the above instructions to open RAR file
- Click on "Save All". If the button is disabled, it means your browser does not support this feature or it is not enabled.
In Chrome, you can enable it by toggling following setting:chrome://flags/#native-file-system-api
(copy/paste it into your browser address bar)
- Select an empty folder where you wish to extract the files. Please note: If you already have files with the same name, ezyZip WILL OVERWRITE THEM.
- After you have selected the folder, the browser will ask for permission to access it. Click on "View files" followed by "Save changes".
- It will then commence saving files and subfolders into the target you specified
I have forgotten my password. What do I do?
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
We are continuously updating the system, so ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
What is ezyZip?
ezyZip is a free zip and unzip online file compression tool that lets you zip files into an archive. It also supports unzip, allowing you to uncompress archived zip, zipx, 7z, rar, cab, tar, txz, tbz2, bz2, iso, lzh, deb, and tgz files. This includes password encrypted archive files!
Unlike other zip and unzip online utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other similar zip and unzip online tools. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.