What is a tar.gz file?
This is a common pattern used in unix/linux environments to bundle multiple files for easier distribution or backup.
Tgz and tar.gz files are essentially the same thing, just with different file extension.
How to open and extract tar.gz file?
- Under "Select tar.gz file to open", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select the file you wish to extract.
- Click "Extract". It will list the content of the tar.gz archive.
- Click the green "Save" button on the individual files to save to your local drive.
- OPTIONAL: Click blue "Preview" button to open directly in the browser. This option only available for some file types.
Would you like to convert it to ZIP file instead?
Click here for TAR.GZ to ZIP conversion!
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
Ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
What is ezyZip?
Unlike other online archive extraction utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other online file extractors. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.