What is a zip file?
Just think of it as a directory that may contain files and more sub-directories once it’s opened by a zip utility program. It compresses the data using a lossless algorithm meaning there is no file quality degradation like in some compression formats (e.g. mp3, jpeg). The compression algorithm can vary however the most common is DEFLATE. The standard is constantly evolving with new algorithm and encryption options are added at regular intervals.
ezyZip offers various options to manipulate zip files including zipping individual files, create a zipped folder, extracting zip files or converting zip files.
How to convert folder to ZIP file?
- Under "Select folder to compress", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select the folder you wish to zip.
- (Optional) Set the desired compression level by clicking the down arrow next to "Zip Folder".
- Click "Zip Folder". It will start compressing the contents of the folder.
- Once all the files are compressed, the "Save Zip File" button will appear.
- Click "Save Zip File" to save the folder archive to your local drive.
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
What is ezyZip?
Unlike other online archiving utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other online file compressors. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.