What is a zip file?
Just think of it as a directory that may contain files and more sub-directories once it’s opened by a zip utility program. It compresses the data using a lossless algorithm meaning there is no file quality degradation like in some compression formats (e.g. mp3, jpeg). The compression algorithm can vary however the most common is DEFLATE. The standard is constantly evolving with new algorithm and encryption options are added at regular intervals.
ezyZip offers various options to manipulate zip files including zipping individual files, create a zipped folder, extracting zip files or converting zip files.
How to convert zip to shx file?
- Under "Select zip file to convert", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select the file you wish to convert.
- Click "Convert to shx". It will list all the shx files in the zip archive.
- IF your archive is password protected, enter it at the prompt and then click "Set Password".
- Click the green "Save" button to save individual shx file to your local drive.
What is a shx file?
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
Ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
What is ezyZip?
ezyZip is a free online utility for extracting shx files from a zip archive. No need to install additional software as it runs in the browser. It supports a bunch of other file extraction and conversion options too.